It’s Foodie Friday! A new fun thing that will be happening every Friday here at Raising Lost Boys. I will be sharing some kind of delicious, fun, kid-friendly meals, snacks or desserts with you guys! I am truly excited to start this in hopes to help one of you find that perfect meal that your kids will love!
Todays Foodie Friday Recipe is none other than mouth-watering Meatloaf. I know what you’re thinking ” Jessica How will my kids love meatloaf?” Well, the answer is simple. Make it kid size. Read the recipe below to find out!
Kid Friendly Meatloaf
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Fine Bread Crumbs
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Onion Really finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ketchup for Topping
- Muffin Tin
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except the ground beef.
Let the mixture sit a few minutes so the breadcrumbs absorb some of the liquid.
Add the ground beef to the breadcrumb mixture and mix well.
Form into balls and place the balls in the greased muffin tin.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add a sprinkle of Shredded Cheese to the top of each mini meatloaf and cook for additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle or Drench with ketchup (whichever your kids prefer)
- And Serve and enjoy!
The kids will love that the meatloaf is the perfect size just for them, and being covered in delicious cheese is just an added bonus! If you try this recipe let us know in the comments how your kids liked it!