Yes you read the title correct! Its finally here, well almost. Hollywood studios is building a brand new section called Toy Story Land! My first question is, Why did it take so long for us to finally get it!
Bob Chapek announced that this Land will be opening in summer of 2018. It’s going to feature two new attractions! One of them being Slinky Dog Dash, This fun family coaster will take you through dips, turns, and some awesome drops! Sure to be a huge hit for the family! Bentley loves Toy Story its one of his favorite movies, so this will easily be a favorite ride!
Another attraction coming to Toy Story land is Alien Swirling Saucers, where the aliens try to swoop down and snatch ya with “The Claw” Um hello , how freaking awesome! There is so much to come in this Toy Story land and I know that its gonna be a hit with our family! How about yours? Are you excited for the upcoming additions to the parks?
Let us know in the comments about what you think about it!
Over this past weekend was the D23 Expo which was at Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The D23 Expo is basically a Disney geeks dream from upcoming Disney store products coming out to new information about Disney parks updates!
Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts released some exciting news for Epcot over the weekend. The first thing he talked about was a new ride that is inspired from Disney’s popular movie Ratatouille! Race through Gusteaus five star restaurant to try to get to safety, all at the size of Remy from the movie! How awesome does that sound! This attraction is going to be past the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion of the World Showcase! We’ve got some Concept art from Disney, and from the looks of it , its going to be amazing!
Another awesome announcement is of another attraction in Future World in Epcot, it is the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction, it’s inspired by the space world of Guardians of the Galaxy! The ride is suppose to go with the concept for future world of space travel! How freaking awesome is that? Becoming a huge GOTG fan the whole family is sure to love this ride! This new attraction will take the place of Universe of Energy that’s closing this year on August 13th. Sad to see it go, but so excited for this new ride and adventure coming to us here at Walt Disney World.
- Photo by: Disney Parks Blog
All of this is said to be done by or before Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021! This is just a small snip bit of what is to come to the parks! Stay tuned for more information of whats coming to Florida! What do you think? Leave a comment below and let us know!
So if you haven’t seen Disney’s Zootopia you are missing out on a great movie. Not the best Disney movie but a great one with a heartwarming meaning behind it, and saying that I noticed the huge donut that almost crushed the little mouse, but Judy Hopps saves the day and grabs the donut before it crushes her! Awesome right?
So I thought how cool would it be to make the donuts, but instead of donuts, change it to sugar cookies! Now, unfortunately, I don’t have brown food coloring so I made it blue like the color of uniform! Down below is the recipe for the Cookie then for the Royal Icing.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Medium Circle cookie cutter
- small circle Cookie cutter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add in extract and eggs
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients, until mixed
- Place dough out on a rolling surface
- LIGHTLY sprinkle with flour, IF necessary, to reduce sticking (too much flour can make the dough crumbly)
- Knead dough, and roll out to a 1/4 thickness
- Cut cookies into a circle then using a smaller circle cut out centers of the larger circle
- Bake for 6-8 minutes
- Let sit for 30 minutes or until cool.
- While cooling make Royal Icing ( Directions below )
- After cookies have cooled using a piping bag. Pipe Icing between the large circle and the smaller inner circle.
- Use a toothpick to smooth out the icing.
- Sprinkle on sprinkles.
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbls Milk ( almond, rice, soy, cow )
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- add water if needed for thinning
- 1-2 drops of Brown or Blue Food coloring
- Add confectioner’s sugar and Milk to bowl
- Using Mixer mix until mostly lump free.
- Add corn syrup and Extract
- Continue to mix until smooth for about 45 seconds – 1 Minutes
- * If its too thick add water by the tsp ( a little goes a long way ) if it’s to thin add more confectioners sugar.
Note: Royal Icing should somewhat hold its shape for a count of 10 This will make a perfect consistency for cookies.
For my first time making these cookies, I loved it! I’m now thinking of making Beauty and The Beast Inspired cookies for my upcoming wedding in April of 2018! Did you try to make them? How did it work out? Leave a comment down below and let me know!
Deviled Eggs are a simple yet delicious side dish for any party. They for sure will be the first to go! These are definitely a side dish I make for every party we hold at our house like birthdays, holiday parties, and just friends get together! Here is the best recipe my dad shared with me, and I love it so much I wanted to share it with you!
Blogging disclosure: Posts may include links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com. Raising Lost Boys earns a few cents of the dollar if you the readers purchase the items I recommend. Thanks so much for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!
Yield: 20 Deviled Eggs Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- A dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup of Mayo
- A teaspoon of mustard
- Yellow Onion
- Salt/ Pepper
- Place eggs in pan and cover with water
- Bring it to a Hard boil
- Turn off heat and leave the pan on the stove for 20 mintues
- Drain off water then immediately cover with ice and ice water.
- Let sit fr 10 mintures
- While the eggs are sitting chop up your onion very very finely. Set aside
- Now remove shells from eggs
- Cut eggs in half long ways
- take out the yolk and place in a bowl.
- Mash up yolk
- Add Mayo, mustard, onion, and salt/pepper
- Taste if not creamy enough add more Mayo.
- Pipe or using spoon put the mix in the eggs
- Sprinkle with Paprika or you can sprinkle with bacon!
I hope you try and enjoy this recipe ! It sure is a house favorite here in my house! If you tried it, tell me what you think! Leave a comment below!
Disney has had this awesome idea where you can by pass the long stand by line and get on the ride faster, it’s called the Fastpass.. Say it with me … Oooooohhhh, Ahhhhh. It is quite awesome , especially when the line is two hours long during the summer months.
In Disney World you can set up your Fastpass on the “My Disney Experience App” if you have your ticket or pass. You can schedule up to 30 days ahead with your ticket, or pass, or if you book a Disney resort you can book your Fastpass up to 60 days ahead of time. You can add up to 3 Fastpass experence’s on the app, then when you complete all of them, you can add 3 more and so on. Here are the Fastpass must have’s.
- Space Mountain
- 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Jungle Cruise
- Test Track
- Frozen Ever After
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden mountain
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na’vi River Journey
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
If you have the Park Hopper option you can not have one Fastpass from Magic Kingdom and one from Epcot. You must complete or cancel the Fastpasses you have set up to use it for another park. Fastpasses are life savors especially when you have little ones who hate standing in long rides.
Have you use Fastpasses? What are your feelings about it? Leave a comment down below and let me know!
The Fourth of July is just days away! When I think of this hoilday the first thing that comes to mid is the great people who are over seas and at home protecting us so we can live in this free country, but Disney wise i think of Captain America. I mean you cant get more patriotic then him! From his Suit, to his shelid it all just screams America! SO to celibrate our great nation in a Disney styled way I made Captain America M&M Sugar Cookies!!!
What you will need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- red food color
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder & salt.
- In another mixer bowl with paddle attachment – beat butter until soft! (or use a Hand Mixer)
- Add sugar & beat until light & fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time – make sure you beat after each one.
- Add vanilla
- Add dry mixture & slowly beat in until combined all together.
- Remove half the dough & wrap in plastic wrap.
- Flatten out to 4×4″ piece & refrigerate.
- With the rest of the dough beat in food color to your desired pigment. I added close to 40 drops of gel color to get this red.
- *Also- adding this much color will make your dough super sticky. You may want to coat hands in powdered sugar or flour for easier handling.
- Remove red dough & separate into 2 equal parts. Wrap with plastic & refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- After it has chilled – remove one of the red dough packs
- Place between 2 layers of parchment & roll our to a large rectangle
- Remove top layer of parchment & roll dough into a log. This will be your center!
- Wrap back up with parchment & put in freezer while you work with the next layer.
- Remove your white dough from refrigerator & roll out in the same way you did the first batch.
- Once you have a thin, even rectangle – place your red log on the white dough & roll into a larger log.
- Repeat these steps for the final red dough.
- When you are done you should have a large red log
- baking sheets with parchment paper
- Take the log & slice it into 1/4 inch rounds
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart so you dont risk them touching
- Bake 9-11 minutes
- Right when you remove from oven – place your blue M&M’s in the center before the cookies cool down!
If you enjoy cookies like my family does these will be a hit ! I hoep everyone have a amazing Fourth of July, Stay safe and smart! Also from my family to yours thank you too all our Service Men/ Women for protecting us.
Raising Lost Boys