Bentley has always loved the movie “Monster’s Inc” and “Monsters University”. His first birthday was actually themed as Monsters Inc. Loving this movie, we decided to have a movie night, and I thought making some Monsters Inc. inspired food would be an awesome bonus.
What do you need:
Vanilla cake mix and recipe ingredients (water, oil, and eggs)
Food coloring (neon green, neon blue, purple)
Small pastry bag and hairy icing tip
What to do :
- follow instructions on the cake box and make your cake mix.
- After you have your cake mix already separate cake mix into 3 bowlsTake you neon food coloring and mix in Blue into one bowl, Green into one bowl, and in your smallest bowl use purple food coloring.
4. Begin filling jars. For the Mike jar, fill jar halfway with green cake mix. For the Sulley jar, add a layer of blue cake mix, then add small drops of purple cake mix on the sides. Continue adding purple spots as you layer in blue cake mix. Do not fill more than halfway.
5. I baked mine for about 20 Minutes , but keep watch on them cause they can become brown on the bottom if you cook them too long.
6. Let cakes cool completely before icing.
7. For the Mike cake put a quarter dot of icing in the middle for the white of his eyes, and using the blue food coloring make blue icing and put a dime size dot on top of the white icing.
8. Making Sully use the pastry bag , put the rest of your blue icing in the bag and pipe the icing on the cake making it look like hair, or use a grass /hairy icing tip.
9. In a separate pastry bag using the purple icing repeat step 8.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Now if you have any cake mix left , make some cupcake with them! Just put the cake mix in cupcake liners , in cupcake pans the same way you did the mason jars (only fill half way) , bake for as long as the box says too and icing just like you did for the mason jars! Serve and Enjoy! These are even good for those mom who wants a snack on the go! Wont be disappointed.
Make them and tell me what you think! Leave a comment below!